to answer all, for how's it?

It's my first week of work! Yeayyy! I celebrate this more than I ever want to celebrate my birthday. That is very true actually.

"So, how's it?", everyone is asking me.

It was okay.

People there are nice, not of the working environment that I use to have but I can adapt to it. On a daily basis, it's okay. Nothing weird or isolation, except maybe I did isolate myself. I can't help that. I don't talk so well, and I listen most of the time, kept comments to myself. I have my opinions and thoughts, but I kept thinking that it is a bad idea to voice out on my first week, considering that I do not know what everyone else thinks about that something. After all, it contributes to my first impression. I'd rather have, shy as the initial impression. Better to built on that I think.

But, #notetoself I really should work on my smiles and conversation...and maybe some pretending to be done. Cuz here it goes for me, I don't like the idea of being close to people who just doesn't click. I'd like it to happen naturally. If it clicks, then it clicks, if it doesn't then fuck it.

Unfortunately, I can't apply that in here because, I'm the new kid, and new kid needs help. So...since I'm not having the upperhand, I got to do things even if it contradicts, just to fill a better path to walk on later. So, they say 1) I should offer treats when I get my salary, 2) goddamn smile please. I think a lot people who knew me, always had the impression that I'm fierce, which is also probably true. I am but I had to work on it. The last conversation I had with my friends, was that I'd prefer to be lone ranger and that I was kinda "anti-social", and she said, "You know, you use to be good at that".

That's so true. It was easy for me and then... things changed somehow. I kinda missed who I was but sadly there wasn't time travelling. I just hope I don't get bipolar...it'll be good enough.

#notetoself It's always people first. Be nice, be kind, be humble and the rest will fall into place.

In terms of environment and living alone, I feel happy about it, although sadly, I can't have the luxury to eat or buy stuffs that I like because I had to save money. I like to be able to sit alone down the streets, or walk or run or do stuffs alone with my thoughts actually. On a stringent budget so all these (moving here, getting a job, make my parents proud) "dreams" can actually happen.

All the damn time I feel like giving up, like "Screw this, I want to go back to Malaysia..." where things are easier, and I thought;

No man, you gave up to much for the start can't give up until my parents can feel so proud they could tell other people that they have a daughter working in Singapore and they can use SGD to for their travel trips with so less worries. So breathe...and suck it up!

Nonetheless, I am so proud to say that I did not take...not a single penny from my parents (although I had a little support from my sisters :D), as capital my first month here in Singapore. It was all my savings, (which is empty now) to get my ass here because I think that I'm out to work, in which wouldn't make sense that I'm taking the advantage of my parents who had worked all their life, to support this trip of mine. Yay. So I'm very proud of myself. :D

I hope the pride lasts. I should work on my discipline as well, like for scheduling, developing good daily habits, to train...(hopefully).

I hope good things come back to me.

Good luck.

HuiJin Liew


Comments

Popular Posts