Paper People.

The hardest time I had last year was to watch this short-but-knitted friendship fade.
This is closest friendship to my heart although it's barely two years old.
It's short-lived yet dearly to me.

He happens to be right where he was every single damn time shit happens to me; lighten up the darkness in the room; my lumos.
When things gone bad, he never let me dealt them alone and vice versa.
We always have ice-creams.
Bad times, sad times it's always ice cream time!

I loved us even more when we start talking about movies and our perception.
I felt like we drift. 
We shared movies that we love to watch, books we love to read.
It's genuine and emotional.
It grew beyond conversations about what we see, but what we feel.
I am happy he was there.

When conversation is about me, achievements (career, education, sports) is always the drill.
When conversation is about him, dating and love is always the theme.
He had three crushes since I knew him and he was devastated every single time.
He needs a little more luck I'd say. Patience bring him a long way.

We're optimist about relationships.
It didn't occur to me we'd stop talking.

I was supportive when he was at his second crush-dating time.
And I was..little jealous because he shifted his attention a lot to her.
"Oh wells. Who am I?" I asked myself all the time.
I am envious at how he looks at her; that she's the world to him.
Not a pleasant feeling if you ask me. Having to lose someone (theoretically) because you wanted him to find better.

Nope.

As I cope with this, I also needed to secure my financial bank.
I came to Singapore and eventually we hardly spoke.

We are friends as of today. We still talk (in a blue moon) but the change in the relationship is huge to me.
He may not feel the same. Yet again, it's all the choices we have made that got me here.

I appreciate all the times he was there for me when no one else want to even listen.
I hope she will finally see him the way I did.


Love, Jean.






Comments

Popular Posts